Tuesday, May 26, 2015

21 Day Fix Chicken Stir Fry

SUMMER! Well, almost. It FEELS like summer and SMELLS like summer, but I still have to go to school every day for 4 more weeks, so not quite! I do, however, get to come home right after school, which is nice. Normally, there are rehearsals of some sort that I have to run. 

Its great to come home after school because I actually get a chance to cook a nice dinner! This recipe is for a night NOT like this- its for nights when you get home late from work and are so hungry that you have no more than 15 minutes to prepare something before you decide to eat your shoe.

The trick is in the PREP. This Sunday, I chopped a ton of veggies and grilled up like 10 chicken breasts to use for the week. I cubed the chicken up into little bite sized pieces to use for this stir fry recipe, as well as for lunch chicken salads. This recipe is GOOD, thanks to my secret weapon ingredient! You can really use whatever veggies you want, but I think that these ones are the perfect combo. This serves 1- double or triple or whatever you need. Here it is!

Ingredients:
1/2 green container chopped carrots
1/2 green container chopped bell peppers
1/2 green container onion, chopped into chunks
1/2 green container chopped mushrooms
1 red container cubed grilled chicken breast
1 blue container crumbled goat cheese (you may like less- I am a goat cheese fanatic)
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbps. PB2

Yes, the PB2 is the secret weapon, it adds a bit more protein, taste, and thickness to the stir fry.

Directions:
1. Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet
2. Add carrots, cook for approximately 3 minutes
3. Add the rest of the vegetables, cook until tender
4. Add the cubed chicken, herbs and spices, and PB2, cook for another 3-4 minutes to warm the chicken.

And there you have it! Delicious, nutritious, and quick dinner!

Here are the 21 day fix portions:
2 green
1 red
1 blue
2 teaspoons (I count the PB2 as a teaspoon)

Try it out and let me know what veggies worked best for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment