Friday, May 15, 2015

Chicken Bacon Melts

Hey Guys!

As a diamond BeachBody coach, I am always trying to invent new clean eating recipes, especially ones that fit in with the 21 day fix meal plan. I try to make them as SIMPLE as possible because I work full time and when I get home, spending an hour in the kitchen is for real the LAST thing I want to do.

I also try to make things that can be made by prep work- basic foods that I have cooked in advance and are just waiting in the refrigerator for me to lazily through together in 10 minutes and pass off as a meal.


This recipe that I am going to share with you today is a hit! My husband gets really excited when I make this for dinner and my sisters family is a huge fan too! I call it: drum roll please.....

CHICKEN BACON MELTS!

I cook for two, but Kris eats twice as much as I do. I also make extra so that we can eat it for lunch the next day too. Here is what you need to serve 1 regular, non 6'5" 260 lb. person. Double or triple or quadruple as needed to serve your family!

1 Red Container of cubed, grilled chicken (prepared in advance)
1/2 Red Container of cooked turkey bacon, chopped (prepared in advance)
1/2 Red Container of plain greek yogurt
1 Whole wheat pita (1 yellow containers)
1 Blue Container shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper

DIRECTIONS
1. Mix together bacon, chicken and yogurt
2. Spread mixture onto pita
3. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes
4. Sprinkle cheese on top
5. Bake for another 5 minutes
6. Add salt and pepper to taste

Once, I didn't have plain Greek yogurt and used vanilla. It was actually really good! The sweet and savory contrast was awesome. I think I liked it better with vanilla. Give it a try!

I hope you enjoy this easy, healthy, clean meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment